Sunday, November 9, 2014

On my Mind

         I have had so much on my mind. Which really isn't anything new. But for now I will catch you up on life, because I haven't been really good at blogging. Living here in Hawaii has been a really great learning experience that has brought me so much knowledge. There are times that are really hard days that I have been faced with, but I have become grateful for those  days to help me grow. I don't have many friends here, but the few that I do have I am super thankful for them in my life. I miss my friends back home in Utah, but I am really glad that most of them still talk to me and message me and send me letters that really help me throughout my days! Those messages of encouraging words, most people don't think about are little tender mercies for me. (So my friends should definitely write to me.) 
         A few weeks ago, I couldn't stop thinking about how I felt like I needed to stay here a year then go home. I didn't know why, but it just lingered around in my thoughts constantly. I didn't know what to do. I thought I was here to stay. I decided that I would go listen to the prompting and look into BYU Provo. I researched switching my major to Early Childhood Education and looking on where I would live, how to transfer credits, everything. I prayed constantly, not knowing what to do still. And I looked further into the program, I thought it would be easier to drive around for Student Teaching. I would be around my dear  family and great friends. So what was holding me back? I decided to pray pretty much all day one Saturday, asking Heavenly Father for an answer. I realized then, that I would have to take another Math class, a foreign language, and probably another history class and here at BYU Hawaii I did not. I finally got my answer that I was supposed to stay here, at least for now. I can't explain how frustrating it is sometimes to have so many doubts throughout the days, weeks, months, and years. But truly I know for a fact that Heavenly Father will be with me no matter what I chose. So, there you have it. I am staying here for a while. This is pretty much my rough draft of my plan, this semester apply to school of Education, Praxis during Christmas break (HOORAY), winter 2015, summer 2015, Fall 2015, Winter 2015-2016, then guess what I supposedly I will be home from Feb-end of Julyish 2016, student teaching in August and graduate in December 2016! I am really excited to be done soonish. And I am grateful that I get the opportunity to college so that I am able to be in the career field that I want.
             I am excited for what is to come, but nervous. I miss Utah a lot, which I never thought I would say. haha. I need to spend more time being grateful for what I have, or will have. Today I decided to go to the temple more often, because it is a great place of peace. I want to be more positive so that each day may be a gift NOT a burden. I know that through God All things are possible, I probably say that at LEAST 10 times a day, but it really does help me.
            That's really all that has been happening, as of lately so...Yeah. I will write again soon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment