Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Love?

The thing about love is, I love it. But I don't seem to understand what it means.
I see love all around me, but for me, I can't find it. Or I guess I always just feel like I do know what it means. But I don't.
I believe that there are different types of love.
> A love in a brotherly/sisterly kind of way.
> A love in a friend kind of way.
> A love in a motherly/fatherly kind of way.
and last
> A love, a special kind of love that is for your eternal sweetheart. The one you want to spend forever with.
       You think the world of this person. You would do anything and everything for them. You support them through everything, even the moments that are hard for you to love them. You think they are different. They are different. You see them differently from everyone else.
Love isn't supposed to hurt. So why does it seem to hurt? It doesn't. Sometimes you get so wrapped in the moment that you think that you are in love, but it's disappointing when you find out that you aren't.
       I know. Because I've been there... I've been there more than once. Well at least I thought I had been there. It honestly has been one of the hardest things I have had to go through. I've thought that they have been there for me, and loved me the way that I had loved them. It's hard when you realize they don't. When you are willing to do so much for them and you realize in the time you need them the most that they are not there for you the way you thought they would. You risk falling for them, even though you may know that it will end up hurting. You are willing to risk putting your feelings on the line, and in the end it just isn't in your favor.
       Maybe it's selfish of me, but I long for someone to treat me as though I am a daughter of God. Wanting and wishing for what everyone else has. I don't know, but at this age, it seems like everyone is finding love so easily especially now at my age.
       But I have to remind myself, that I am still so young. Which really does help me calm down the want for love. I tell myself that I have eternity to get married. I have been blessed from relationships that might not have been the best for me. I know that it will be worth the wait when the time comes. :) I know that Gods timing is perfect, and that my timing isn't perfect. He knows what I need when I need it and not want it. He knows me better than I know myself. Marriage is a gift from God and should not be taken lightly. Love is also a gift from God, so we should be able to love.
       I have had great examples to me of so I can see what true really is. My parents are great examples of this. Even though they have had hard times, they still care for each other and show each other their support. Same with my grandparents on my moms side. They have been married for 66 years, and my grandma recently passed. But even though she is gone, my grandpa still loves her and knows that she loves him.
True love never ends. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment