Saturday, December 12, 2015

How is Cassidy?

I have been hearing a lot that people are asking how I am doing, and since I haven't posted since the beginning of the year, I thought I would catch all those worried folk out there up on my life.

I am good. I have good days and bad days- but mostly good. I am still in Hawaii (some people have no idea I am here!)

Yeah, school is good. It is hard and challenging but I really am learning so much. I am almost done which really blows my mind every time I think about it. I only have ONE semester after this one. WHAT.

So I am taking a semester off. I will be home from the end of February to the middle of July! Why? People ask. Because, I have to take the Praxis 2. I want to work. Where? they ask. Wherever I can work for only 4 months because I get to come back to Hawaii to Student teach and I am stoked!

Currently I am just going to school and not working. I know SHOCKER. But the cool thing about BYU-Hawaii is that they give academic scholarships. SO YAY! And I got another scholarship this semester from the Education program. So... Double YAY! And since school is my favorite thing in the whole world (haha) I can completely focusing on graduating!



I haven't done anything too crazy here lately. Or at all really. I mostly just stay home and make lesson plans and do homework or honestly just watch Netflix sometimes. I am not as tan as some people because I don't go to the beach that often, but that is okay.

Since I am graduating next Fall (yes that is right October 31st 2016 so put that on your calendars people!)  I have been asked SO many times what I am going to do. I was thinking about going on a mission after, but a prayed and pondered about it and I got this feeling then wasn't the right time. I am not sure if anytime is the right time for me to go on a mission, but it is okay! I know that God has a plan for me. One thing that I have learned for myself, it doesn't make you a bad person or less spiritual, if you really decide not to go on a mission. There is a reason for everything. It also doesn't make you a better person or more spiritual than others person if you do go on a mission. A mission is such a personal choice "and that's all I have to say about that." (Forrest Gump)

Anyway. I am going to be getting my teaching license here as part of the program. I just need to decide where to go after graduation. I haven't really told many people this but I am thinking about either staying here or moving home to Utah after I graduate. I love Hawaii so much, and yes it is hot and very humid. And yes Laie is a small town, and yes I miss my family. But there is so much good here. I have never thought about living out of Utah, and now that I have been in Hawaii over a year now, it is hard to imagine myself leaving. Yet Utah will always be home because that is where my family is. So that's where hard adult decisions come. (Your input is greatly appreciated even though I might not agree.) So if your reading this and have a plan or suggestions let me know (like a place to live or work). Thanks.

Right now I am in a classroom Observing and Practicum (teaching some lessons) and it is awesome! I love it. I am in Kindergarten and the children are so adorable and loving. Being so close to graduating makes everything seem so worth it. Every struggle that I had/have is going to make me a better teacher and future educator.

I would definitely recommend college to everyone. Yes it is hard. But you can do it. You learn so much and not just in your classes. I have grown so much just in the time I have been here in Hawaii and even at Snow. I remember worrying about every little thing, and stressing about graduating my first semester. I know that God sent me here for a reason. I am glad that I listened to my mom and dad to apply here and if I got in, to come. I always think of the regrets I would've had if I did not come here and the people I would not have met and for that I am truly grateful. I believe in myself more than I ever have, because I know that I really can do hard things.

I am not sure if it's my age, maturity, or the trials I have been through but there is something about becoming more independent that really helps you find yourself. You're right if you think that I don't completely who I am, but I know I am better than before.

On a lighter note, being 21 in a Mormon world, I was talking to my mom how everyone around me is getting married. I told her that and she said yeah well your getting your degree! Thanks mom. And true that day will come. I have become more patient with God's plan and am still working to understand it. lol for marriage.

So yeah I am doing well. Yeah I still get sad and miss my family, and school still gives me grey hair (trust me.) But honestly I wouldn't have it any other way.

XXoxOOxo



No comments:

Post a Comment