Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What do I want to be when I grow up?

       The life of an (almost) twenty year old mormon woman, is incredibly interesting. 
There are so many different paths that we are able to choose, and sometimes God has a better plan for us. 
       No I am not a teenage bride, or mother (thank the good heavens above), no I am not dating anyone, and no I am not going on a mission, but YES I am going to school. I get asked on the daily if I am dating someone and I guess I have a different path than most of my friends. Which is sometimes impossible for others to wrap their hands around. I have been thinking a lot about the future, and all of the options that I get to choose from. 
So what do I want to be when I grow up?
     Right now: I am going back to school (college) at BYU-Hawaii. I am studying Elementary Education, so I can become one of the best teachers out there. I am nervous for school, because it has always been a weakness of mine. What keeps me motivated, is thinking of the kids who struggle with school, and helping them learn to LOVE school. Each child needs to know how capable they are of doing anything  as long as they put their mind to it. I am thinking about getting a certificate in Photography/Videography(Film) because it has always been a passion of mine. Capturing moments that others cannot see within the normal eye. Also being able to help others remember a special moment to them that they will always cherish. I've always wanted to change the world. So I will. 
    After School: Depending on where I am really with life (cliche I know) I am really considering serving a mission, I am not 100% sure but it has been on my mind A TON lately. There are things that I need to learn and work on before I feel able to serve the Lord, and it may not be in my plan. It's not a no, but for now, it's a "not right now." Every time I think of serving a mission, something inside tells me that it isn't for me, but there is much prayer that needs to be done to find the right answer. But if I did go, I would go after all my schooling, since I just want to get school done first. 
    Family: Ever since I was a little girl I always to be a wife and a mother. There was no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't be a wife and mother. I would love to have a husband who loves me, and is a strong priesthood holder and a strong member of the church. I would like to have a family with as many kids as Heavenly Father plans on blessing us with (I do want 4 or 5) ;) Family is the most important thing to me and so I really can't wait to have one on my own! (even if it is in another life) I want to teach my children the gospel and help them to prepare to go on missions and serve. I would love to have a love with my husband that is an example to my children what love looks like. Can you tell I LOVE love???? 
    Work: Well I want to be a teacher for either preschool or older kids, I still haven't decided. I would love to do some photography jobs on the side, to have some sort of adventure in my life. There is hope in my heart that I will be able to be a stay at home mom, and not have to work also. But I would not complain if we both needed to work, I know things would work out the way they were supposed to. 

When I grow up I know one things for sure, I am going to put full trust in the Lord to guide me and help me through whatever he has planned for me. The future is exciting and scary but I know that with him we can truly do ANYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment